Today I learned a few more new features, and worked on some complicated designs. I didn't make too much progress on them, but I did find a solution to a design problem that had been bugging me for a while. I finally figured out how to replicate a very nice looking design element on my Canon printer's front tray. The surface is inset a bit, but the transition is very smooth all around, like the shape of the miniscus of water in a test tube. I couldn't quite figure out where to start for a while, and then I tried something that didn't work quite right, and then I got it. It was a lot simpler than I had thought, and it gives me more confidence that I will be able to keep on finding the simple and elegant solutions to design problems.